My Professional Experience.
Online Promotions and Merchandise Manager
Coles Liquor Group
Aug 2017 – Current
In my present role, I am responsible for delivering the right online experience for our First Choice Liquor, Vintage Cellars, flybuys Rewards and Coles Online customers, whilst achieving sales and profit targets.
- Achieved double-digit sales growth for First Choice Liquor Online, Coles Online and flybuys Rewards, the latter while also increasing profitability significantly year on year.
- Successfully led and implemented a series of test and learn campaigns, improving email by revenue by triple digits per campaign.
- Achieved double-digit conversion improvement for First Choice Liquor and Vintage Cellars eComm Websites through improvement of onsite merchandising and email offering.
- Achieved triple-digit growth for Liquorland Online in 4 months of role.
- Achieved above industry growth rates for Vintage Cellars eComm site.
- Successfully delivered just under half a million in incremental supplier income within first 3 months of role.
- Successfully led and launched first ever supplier funded campaign for Liquor Direct, opening door for future funding and campaigns.
- Successfully led and launched initiative for sale of non-liquor accessory and peripheral liquor items onsite.
Product Management – Coles Insurance
Coles Financial Services
Mar 2017 – Aug 2017
Responsible for ongoing and ad hoc analysis, documentation review and marketing optimisation and ideation.
- Developed reporting dashboard for Customer insights, to allow and assist in decision making for customer experience and process improvement.
flybuys Partner Management
Coles Financial Services
Seb 2016 – Mar 2017
Responsible for development of ‘best practice’ strategic marketing plans, identifying data insights and capabilities to drive financial outcomes that deliver against Coles Financial Services & flybuys growth strategies.
- Established a series of test and learn campaigns, along with strong performance monitoring processes, which enabled the refinement of acquisition campaigns.
- Successfully implemented change in Campaign process to better allow for campaign attribution.
- Worked closely with Marketing, analytics and product teams to refine eDM targeting to maximise return on marketing spend.
- Worked closely with Lifecyle campaign manager and external creative agencies to refresh Coles Insurance Lifecycle campaigns.
Digital Marketing & Social Media Community Management
Coles Financial Services
Feb 2016 – Jul 2016
Responsible for ideation & implementation of CFS social media and customer interaction strategy.
- Successfully designed and implemented a revised set of base responses for use by external agency to respond to customer queries leading to a more effective resolution process.
- Successfully designed and implemented a more efficient escalation process for more complicated customer complaint, to allow for a better customer experience.
Marketing Campaign Analyst
Coles Financial Services
Aug 2015 – Feb 2016
Responsible for on-going analysis and reporting of insights.
- Developed reporting dashboard for Coles Prepaid MasterCard product allowing product team to draw insights and have visibility of portfolio performance.
Fresh Produce Manager
Jan 2015 – Aug 2015
Responsible for day-to-day management of Fresh Produce department, leading and development of team members, inspiring of customers through stunning displays and to meet sales target and minimise waste.
- Successfully reviewed and implemented new product offering strategy to maximise shelf space for higher selling lines and removal of higher loss lines to minimise waste, leading to a higher profit fresh produce department.
- Delivered strong sales well above target for the duration as manager, also delivered strong stock loss results, twice in a row positive to budget.
- Successfully implemented new baseline team member rosters to reduce remuneration expense over the course of 7 months.
Customer Service Manager
Jul 2013 – Jan 2015
Responsible for day-to-day management of Customer Service Department, leading and development of team members, inspiring customers through excellent customer service and to minimise remuneration costs in department.
- Achieved best in region mystery shop results in first year of management with overall score of 92%.
- Responsible for turning around deficit in remuneration expense for department prior to management. Successfully turned around a deficit to a profit by end of calendar year through better utilisation of team members.
- Successfully implemented new baseline roster for Customer Service department to allow for better team member coverage during all times of the day to better our customer’s shopping experience.
- Led initiative to sell older models of mobile phones by making them more prominent to the customer. Resulted in a reduction in stock loss through effective management of stock, which would have otherwise been written off as stock loss.
- Successfully trained and mentored two aspiring team members in the region to go on to be successful Customer Service Managers.
Bachelor Of Business – Accounting Banking and Finance
Mar 2009 – Nov 2011
2011 VICTORIA UNIVERSITY (VU) Melbourne VIC.
Bachelor of Business: Accounting/Banking and Finance
2008 ST. JOSEPH’S COLLEGE NORTH MELBOURNE Melbourne VIC.
Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) – Secondary School
“Joseph continues to be passionate about his role and has had a positive impact on those around him. He is friendly, approachable and does everything with a smile. He always makes himself accessible by popping up on a whim. Joseph is always reasonable, good-humoured and is open to ideas and feedback. He is very responsive and always meets deadlines, either ahead of time or on time. Joseph drives his business initiatives with a passion.”
Product Marketing – Insurance
“Joe has super helpful and proactive, always willing to step in and case things up across the business. He truly owned the flybuys process, running the day-to-day processes independently end to end. Joe also had great knowledge of the flybuys and analytics process.”
Marketing Analytics – Coles Financial Services
“Joe has been great to work with and I’ve been impressed with how he’s taken ownership of, and been 100% accountable for the flybuys campaign process. working with Joe felt like working with someone who has been in the role longer than a grad rotation, with intimate knowledge of complicated processes and good relationships, build cross-functionally.”
“Joe has been proactively engaging with the analytics team to ensure analysts have got all the required information for the campaign build. This has helped the analytics team to build and deliver campaigns on time. Recently there was a change around the bonus points offer to set up at flybuys which will potentially impact on the build at CFS. Joe set up the meeting with CFS analytics in time to go through the changes, impact, risk, and solution, and ensure analytics team also update the current offer reference table and offer logic to cater for the changes, so no campaign fulfillment will be impacted.”
Campaign Marketing Manager – flybuys/Coles Financial Services
“Joe has been very diligent and thorough in all ops meetings and scoping sessions. if there is an area of the campaign he has been unfamiliar with, he is keen to learn and understand it. Joseph was very quick to understand processes and campaigns ran very smoothly. He consistently meets deadlines, if there is a delay in a campaign beyond his control at any stage he will let operations know and keeps everyone well informed. There was little training needed in regards to the operations process as Joseph was quick to learn and asked all the right questions in interactions. I don’t have any feedback in relation to areas for improvement, he has been fantastic to work with.”
“Joe has been a pleasure to work with as the marketing manager for CFS. his outputs feeding into flybuys operations have been high quality leading to fewer changes post-build and in general making the team’s lives easier.”
“Joe has been great to work with, he’s very easy to deal with and meets required deadlines, very approachable and always happy to help out where required, he has done a great job!”